CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ladies Retreat

Wow, last weekend was awesome! I went to the valley Bible Church women's retreat and boy did I get fed! (Spiritually and physically, the best of both worlds) Friday night we had fellowship and we played Taboo. On Saturday I got to hear from several very wise and faithful women, it was touching and convicting. We were focusing on the gospel centered life and I was reminded that being a Christian isn't about moving on from the gospel after receiving it but instead God wants me to ground myself daily in what He did for me on the cross, making it possible for me to have new life in Him. Thank you to everyone who helped make that great weekend possible!

On another note, the Lord has really been teaching me to cling to Him (Joshua 23:8 "But you are to cling to the LORD your God, as you have done to this day.) I need to depend on Him for everything, my paycheck was very small this last month because the school district will not put half of my hours that I worked until next month so money is tight, but I know the Lord will take care of us on way or another. When I realize Christ is all I need and material things are nothing to worry about, then I can truly worship Him and find comfort. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." Matthew 6:27-29

2 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

Yay! A new post! I check everyday! :)
I'm glad you came to the retreat and soo glad you were fed! That was our prayer! Thank you for singing, it was beautiful! Sunday's offeratory was beautiful as well.
When can you guys come over?

God Made Playdough said...

New Post! New Post! New Post! I demand a new post! :) (picture me waving a sign and having a sit in on your door stop until you post again, with my hippie friend, Jenaya of course!)
Question: When are you going to put up a new post?
I enjoyed meeting Heidi and Aiden tonight!